Are you aware of iOS 5, Apple’s new mobile operating system? If you think of downloading it, however, be sure to get iTunes 10.5 beta first. The new version iOS 5 includes over 200 new features and 1500 new APIs.
iTunes 10.5 is the second release of iTunes. It provides support for Apple’s new iTunes in the Cloud offerings and is available to the general public. It adds support for iOS 5 and, much like the OS itself, is only available to registered developers.
In addition to iOS 5 support, iTunes 10.5 also supports more iCloud features that aren’t available in iTunes 10.3 yet and several user interface enhancements, such as disposing the window buttons horizontally (they were displayed vertically ever since 10.0, which upset some users) and slightly adjusting the look to better match Mac OS X Lion, with a slightly revised sidebar and toolbar buttons.
Other changes include the ability to disable automatic over-the-air downloads, a feature present in iCloud.
You can learn on how to obtain a legal Apple Developer account on Apple’s Developer portal. Registered individuals and companies can obtain access for as much as $99 a year which gives access to all Apple goodies including builds of the upcoming Mac OSX Lion, as long as you keep your subscription active.
iOS 5 Features:
• Revamped MobileNotifier-esque notification system
• An improved Safari browser
• System-wide Twitter integration
• Ability to disable automatic over-the-air downloads, a feature present in iCloud.
Things you need to download:
• Download iOS 5 for iPhone, iPad, iPod touch
• Download iTunes 10.5 Beta To Install iOS 5 On iPhone, iPad, iPod touch
• How To Activate iOS 5 Beta 1 Firmware
How to upgrade iOS 5 Beta 1 On Apple TV, iPhone, iPad and iPod touch:
• Download the iOS 5 beta 1 firmware file for your respective iOS device.
• Extract the IPSW files on your desktop.
• Connect the iOS device to your computer.
• You have to get the UDID registered on the iPhone Developer program.
• After that start iTunes. Press and hold the Shift key (for Windows) or Option key (for Mac) and click Restore.
• Navigate to the path where you have save the iOS 5 beta 1 IPSW.
• Now wait and let iTunes install iOS 5 beta 1 on your device.
• Don’t try this upgrade on an unlocked iPhone. Those users who have locked AT&T and Verizon iphone need to get their UDID registered before they can upgrade to iOS 5 beta.
Download iTunes 10.5 beta from iOS Dev Center.